Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Introducing "The Fuse"

Hi, I'm Alyssa AKA "the Fuse." I got engaged in Italy Christmas Eve 2006 (yes, I am the luckiest girl alive…but I’ll save that story for another time) and am a newlywed of 8 months.

As fuse means "to unite as if by melting together; to unify, blend." I found the name very appropriate! Not only are weddings all about unification, but one of the greatest challenges of married life is figuring out how to blend two lives into one. Additionally, my biggest wedding challenge (and I think success) was “fusing” together two entirely separate worlds: my husband's family is Palestinian, mine Southern...my family doesn’t drink, his does…half our wedding guests spoke Arabic as a first language…many didn’t understand Christianity, but we are very religious…it was truly an odd matching! But you know what they say: unusual bedfellows are the best kind.



My goal when planning our wedding was to "fuse" together our lives, our families, and our cultural heritage into one seamless celebration of love and unity that everyone could enjoy. I didn’t use a coordinator and took great care in selecting each little detail to accomplish my goal.


Photo credit: The Memory Journalists

We were married June 2007 in the Capitol Park Rose Garden (breathtaking) by our Bishop and had our reception at the oh so lovely Capitol Grand Ballroom, where a belly dancer greeted guests for the cocktail hour and waiters passed hor’s d'oeuvres, including middle eastern dolmas and pulled pork coleslaw filo cups. It was such a wonderful night! And, I’m happy to report that both sides of the family were thrilled with the end result and felt special that their cultures had been so carefully included.
I am thrilled for all you future brides that Dynamite Weddings has stepped in to fill the void! I wish there had been a carefully screened local resource like this available to assist me in my planning decisions, wedding woes (trust me, you’ll have some), and knowing what to expect after post-marital bliss. I am truly excited to be a part of the B2B team and share some of my experiences with wedding planning and what life is like as a bride-to-be and beyond!!

1 comment:

The Firecracker said...

I loved your dress! I drooled over your pictures! Happy you are here!!