Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

As the rain pours down and the Sacramento area is hit with another storm, I started thinking about the poor couples out there who might be getting married this weekend. Here is the thing about weather and wedding days - Rain can make for a beautiful and romantic wedding - as long as you have a backup plan! If your wedding is October through May, here are some tips to follow to help ensure that your day happens without a hitch:
  1. Have umbrellas on hand for the wedding party (like the super cute polka dot Totes umbrella pictured above).

  2. If wind is in the forecast, choose a hairstyle to withstand gusts to avoid your curls being stripped away or wisps in your face.

  3. Again for wind, a tip courtesy of weather.com: Secure tiny weights to your veil to prevent it from blowing in the breeze. Fishing weights are a great option because of their small size and you can spray-paint them to match your attire.
The Weather Channel offers a great service for brides called "My Wedding Weather." You create a profile with your name, wedding date/time, up to 10 other bridal events, and 30 years of data is referenced to give you accurate information about weather patterns and predictions.

3 comments:

Flare said...

I watched the weather channel religiously in the weeks before my wedding! I couldn't wait for the 10 day forcast...what did it say? Oh...just rain the day before and the day after our wedding! Arrgh! The forcast was right on and we enjoyed the most beautiful day in October...the air was clean and the sun was gorgeous! We were prepared to tent, but fortunately did not have to!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I've been stuck to the weather.com site like glue. My wedding is next Friday and my fiance and I have been watching the weather on the 10 day forcast. Its amazing how it can change!

I think the best advice is to HAVE A BACK UP PLAN if you are having an outdoor ceremony. Don't be so stuborn that you HAVE to have your event outside. At the end of the day you will still be getting married, even if it isn't outside.

The Firecracker said...

I too was all over the weather for weeks before we got married. But we turned out with one of those glorious clear November days. BUT I did plan ahead and umbrella's for all my bridal party and a few more for family.