Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Reality Check for the Domestically Challenged

So, I don’t know about you but I’m no June Cleaver. My idea of creased clothing comes from a dry cleaner or by shoving my shirt on air dry for a few extra minutes to ‘iron’ out the kinks. I don’t ‘do’ toilets or trash. (Kid you not, in my single days, I used to pay the neighbor boys.)

When I cook it involves gingerly slipping the yummy boxed goods out of their takeout bag and arranging the delectable goodies on my plate so it looks pretty. I am ALL about presentation…chefs say that’s half the taste anyway, right? Ask me about world politics, I’ll have an answer. Want to talk literature? I’ve got all day. Give me a vacuum, and **cough**cough** I think I’ve come down with a cold.

And then I got married.

Don’t get me wrong, I married the most fantastic man; and he is a domestic god. He never whimpers about taking out the trash, doing the laundry, or cleaning ‘pet mess.’ His family owns a magnificent deli & catering business, so most of the time he is MORE than happy not to have me cook (apparently he likes flavor and tenderness in his meals, go figure). He happily pays the gardener each month, changes light bulbs before asked, and even vacuums. Only compromise is bathroom and kitchen duty are mine (apparently he has limits too). I know, I know...I’ve struck gold, right? Then why do I feel so bad?

Grrr…I think that’s the suppressed adult in me saying it’s time to grow up and carry equal weight. Oh how I sometimes long the days of blissful selfishness, maids, and eager frat boys willing to help with household chores. But I just had to go fall in love! Housewives beware: I’m about to go make nice with Mr. Clean and a pair of yellow gloves. Who knows, I may unleash the Martha in me yet…

1 comment:

The Firecracker said...

What is this weird pressure we get to be domestic goddesses once we get married?