Shop around...Your wedding flowers help enhance the look and feel of your wedding. Finding the right designer to help create this look is important.
A good floral designer should not sway you towards their preferences; they should use their knowledge and experience to create a style that is right for you.
Tip provided by Lilygrass Fresh Flower Design
Photo courtesy of Allison Stahl Photography
3 comments:
I'm getting married in two weeks. Last week I had my last meeting with my florist before the big day. We had originally discussed using hydrangeas (white and burgundy). I just came right out and told her that my idea of a pre-wedding nightmare was that the flowers would be dominated by hydrangeas. Ick. They are a lovely filler, but not what I imagined.
Be honest (sometimes painfully so) about what you want or what you don't want when you are sitting down with your florist. They are there to help you achieve the look you are going for. Plus, you are spending a lot of money on flowers, you want the end product to be exactly what you had in mind!
Be firm in what you ask for. And be firm on your budget. Don't let them push you into flowers you don't want or don't like.
Here, here! My florist was obsessed with roses! No matter how many times I told her no roses, she would somehow incorperate them into every arrangement. In hindsight, I wish I had listened to my instincts and switched to a new florist. Remember ladies, if you have a feeling something isn't flowing, go with your gut feeling. If a vendor is causing you stress early on, it may be a simple compatibility issue. Don't be afraid to make the best decision for you and your wedding day! You deserve to have whatever flowers YOU want!
Post a Comment