

I need some advice! How do I get my husband off Guitar Hero? There is something about this game that he loves. I understand that once you get something new, it’s exciting and fun, but this is getting old. I love music, but hearing the same song over and over and the “babe, I almost got it on expert, just one more try” line is getting old. Why can some crazy electric guitar noise and a “you rock” make him so happy? I’m going to chalk it up to entertainment value, but before long, I may have to think of a distraction strategy.
3 comments:
This is a tough one, when you hate their hobby, sport of the way they spend their time. But after 24 years of marriage I also know nagging won't do anything but push you farther apart. So why not try picking up the guitar and playing along with him? Show some intrest, then later in a non emotional, calm way, let him know that you would rather see him spend less (notice not no) time with his game. Give it a try, remember you win more bees with honey than with vinegar.
I agree with Mother of 7. Try joining him for a while (you might get hooked too). My family has Rock Band and Guitar Hero, and my husband and sons love it. I finally started playing with them and it is so much fun!
On the other hand, if it ends up being something you really don't enjoy, try getting him to put a time limit on it BEFORE he starts, agree on it. Then have something planned you two can do together.
Marriage can be tough (and fun)and it takes constant give and take ad negotiation, as I'm sure you're already finding out!! Congrats!
One of my girlfriends was in your exact same boat. So she picked up the guitar to understand the appeal and got hooked herself! If that doesn't work for you talk to him about it WHEN HE ISN'T playing and just let him know how you feel.
Post a Comment