Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Cloud Nine - Spring Cleaning

Now that Spring is here, are you anxious to purge all the old stuff collected as individuals and start building a décor with new items bought together?
Is your new husband refusing to let go of the baseball cards he never trades, the football jersey he can’t fit into, the Nintendo that serves as a shelf for his new Wii,etc.?

First, let me remind you “Don’t throw stones in a glass house”. Make sure that while you’re reprimanding him for his old ways that you’re not harboring some old things that you should be letting go of. Could you be holding onto any incomplete scrapbooks, CDs you haven’t heard since the decade they were released, clothes it’s time to accept will never fit again?

Once you determine that, talk about a way to compromise on the things that really affect the space you share. Maybe sell him on the idea of taking his old Nintendo and games into a game trade store to see what they’re worth. Sometimes they’ll give him at least a credit to use in store towards stuff for the Wii. If the jersey and baseball cards aren’t valuable enough to him to frame and hang in the office then maybe ask him about selling them on eBay so some other fan can relish in owning it and he can reap the rewards.

There’s always a way to find a compromise that he’ll appreciate, just make sure you’re not filling the space he cleans with a stack of style magazines or figurines. Always look for compromise and make sure you stay true to what you’re asking. Maybe it’s time to sell those too small or too big clothes and outdated CDs yourself. You can take the money you both got, combine it and buy something new for your home together.


Photo courtesy of The Memory Journalists

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh you make it sound so easy. :)

It took me eight months to get a drawer in the nightstand. Another 5 to get three feet of closet space (in a walkin closet!). I'm still working out of piles of clothes on the floor and we've been together for well over two years!

I say all of this with love in my heart and I console myself with the fact that the guestroom, full bathroom, living room, kitchen and dining room are mine. It all works out in the grand scheme.

I've never thrown anything of his out, but I do harp on the fact that we should simplify. Clean. And use the rule of, "If I haven't used this in two years (or five years, pick your own number), do I really need it?" I think it helps him get a little perspective.

The Firecracker said...

I was fortunate/sneaky. I moved into our place with all mine and his stuff about 2 months before he did. Because I did all the unpacking I took the liberty to "relieve" us of a few things. And know what? He hasn't even noticed.