This may sound odd, and it certainly goes against tradition, but – unless you are really superstitious, I would HIGHLY recommend planning to see your fiancĂ©e before the wedding ceremony. My nerves were escalating all morning and afternoon; when we got to our location, all I wanted to do was see him. It calmed me down immediately, and we got to have our own private moment before the big event. Plus – we had so much fun taking our photos with our bridal party and families – by the time the guests started to arrive, I was relaxed and having a great time. Also, it meant that when the ceremony was over, we didn’t have to rush off for
pictures – we got to actually enjoy the cocktail hour with all of our guests, and we got to sit down and enjoy an amazing dinner. I have given this advice to two friends who have gotten married since we did, and they were both equally enthusiastic.- Hannah, married in 2006
Don't cave to family pressure. Do it your way. It's a day that you'll never get back in your life. If you don't want something traditional-don't do it.
- Jennifer, married in 2006
I'm a total worrier. Remember what you are there for, slow down, enjoy the day, keep the process as stress free as possible so your day will be as stress free as possible and it will be the best day of your life, imperfections and all. What better way to start a new chapter than with some love and laughter? Remember to take care of yourself . The entire week before the wedding I planned to take off from work to take care of last minute things. My bridesmaids and family were so on top of things that I literally had nothing left to do (I cannot stress having people you trust help you with the planning). So how did I spend my week? I got 3 or 4 massages, and watched the entire Sex and the City series. It was one of the most relaxing weeks I've ever had!
- Melanie, married in 2007
Photo courtesy of The Memory Journalists
3 comments:
Splurge on your pictures... they will be the only thing left after your day has ended. (except the marriage of corse :0)) Seriously though, I spent only about $500 on my pictures and I really have nothing to show for it. If I could turn back time I would have made them my first priority.
I would definately recommend being organized. I'm a worrier too and after reviewing my wedding day schedule with everyone at the rehersal I was feeling much better.
I agree with taking the week before the wedding off too. I got married on a Friday and people started coming into town on Tuesday. It was so nice to be able to pick them up from the airport and spend a little time with them before the chaos.
I agree with Hannah and Teresa! First, seeing each other before our ceremony was so relieving for both of us. It also allowed us to spend less time after the ceremony taking pictures. And SPEND AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ON PICTURES! I have friends that hate their pictures and hate their albums because they wanted to save money. It just wasn't an option for me.
Post a Comment