What went well at your wedding? What did you do to ensure it went well? Tips you can provide to others to make sure it goes as well. (Part 1)I made sure that all of the maids and I were in the same place for most of the day. We got ready at the church, so we couldn’t be late! I had the hairdressers and makeup artists come to the church. It gets too hectic when everyone tries to travel from one place to another. Plus it is fun to be together! I also made sure that I had a wedding director that was not a family member or friend. She could make sure that everything and everyone was in place and if she hurt someone’s feelings it would not start a big fight. Another thing that helped was I hired someone to decorate the reception hall and church. It gets so stressful to try to get everything done in one day. I wanted to be able to spend time with my maids and family, not fight about centerpieces and place settings
- Shari, married in 2005
Our (me and my husband) motto: As stress free as possible, and make sure that everyone has a great time. And we were able to do that. Delegating responsibility, and surrounding yourself with people who know from experience; things like timelines for booking vendors to having the right emergency pack with you on the day of the wedding. My day was perfect, even though it wasn't, because we did what we set out to do and had an amazing day. We didn't stress about the imperfections, the important thing was that we were there to get married in front of those people who matter the most to us. Another word of advice: from watching a couple of my friends get married, be respectful to your bridesmaids, and your bridesmaids should be respectful to you. I have seen friendships end over this stuff, and it's silly, because these are girls who should be standing up there for you in support of your marriage, so it should be someone who you love and care about. Whatever may go on in the planning of the wedding shouldn't lead to an end in friendships, so listen to them when they have some words of advice or concern, they're only doing it because they love and care about you.
- Melanie, married in 2007
Photo courtesy of Sharpe Photographers
No comments:
Post a Comment