Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dear Marvin - I Do Not...Like Cake

Dear Marvin,
I hate cake. HATE it. Yuck. So what am I to do? I obviously can't go for the traditional wedding cake. That dislike extends to cupcakes too, so those are out. But I have to have dessert! What do you suggest I serve? Thanks for the help!

Cakeless
Dear Cakeless,
No worries! There are so many different options open to you. Cookie bar, candy station, individual desserts, chocolate fountains...the options are endless. One of my favorite ideas I have seen is a cookie bar. Meaning, you would have a table full of different types of cookies. It would depend on the number of people you have coming to determine how many types of cookies you want. You could arrange them very nicely on different size plates at different levels. It can be very nice when done properly!
Hope that helps!

Marvin

Photo courtesy of Allison Stahl Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cake is not the end all be all. There is a whole world of desserts out there. For a birthday I catered a few years ago the birthday boy didn't want cake, so I wound up constructing a 3-tiered cake stand filled with three types of tartlets. Let them eat PIE!

This could easily be done with and sort of finger food dessert too... just think of the combinations! (cupcakes, cookies, bar cookies, eclairs, cream puffs, candies, truffles, tartlets-chocolate cream pies, lemon meringue, fruit and cream...) Lots of color and texture variation and it can easily be made more wedding-y by tucking flowers in to any of the gaps!

Then instead of a cake cutting you can just pick your favorite dessert and feed it to your new sweetie!