The one item of clothing I can’t live without…for relaxation – a slightly tattered “moo-moo.” I hate anything around my waist when I wish to be comfortable. For professional needs – a pair of black pants with pockets (I can’t work a wedding without pockets).My first job was…babysitting (age 10). The first “real paying” job was as a legal secretary for a law office.
If I wasn’t a planner, I would be…It’s hard to imagine not being an “alpha female” but after all these many years, I long to sit in a lush, beautifully landscaped garden, and mindlessly flip magazine pages (naturally a wedding magazine!).
My top favorite item to incorporate into event design...emotion (includes laughter, happy tears, sentimentality, anticipation and even awkward embarrassment.)
The CD currently playing in my car is…a collection of funk, disco and old school – the 70’s were my formative dancin’ years!
The most extravagant wedding I ever planned was…I have enjoyed coordinating many wonderful weddings, however, one of the more beautiful and a bit on the “extravagant” side was one held on a hillside above the Pacific Ocean, at the beautiful Bacara Resort & Spa in Santa Barbara, CA. All guests wore white, the groom entered the ceremony riding a beautiful white horse, the bride enjoyed two wedding gowns, white doves were released, the guests dined on a 6 course dinner in a stunning theatrically lighted room, the wedding cake was taller than the groom, and the evening’s entertainment was a famous Flamenco guitarist flown in for the reception.
Tea or coffee? Wine or Beer? Plain or Peanut? Never coffee… unless it has Amaretto, whipped cream and chocolate slivers on top! Cold crisp Chardonnay. Mounds over Almond Joy.
If I could plan a wedding anywhere in the world it would be….if I could take a great group of Sacramento vendors with me, I would coordinate anywhere… the difficulty is creating a fabulous team in other cities (teamwork is essential). I love mountains and forests and am particularly fond of The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs.
If I could plan any famous person’s wedding, it would be…hummm, Martha Stewart isn’t married? That could be an interesting challenge. I wonder if she would bring in magazine pictures to show me her inspiration?
My business goal for this year is…to grind through and keep my head above water during this economic downturn.
My food weakness is…bread, potatoes, pasta.
My biggest pet peeve is…Porta potties (sorry, but I do hate them!)
The website or blog that I visit most often, besides my own, is…Dynamite Weddings, of course! Generally, I’m too busy to stare at the computer unless I’m pumping out work for my clients.
My next vacation will be… a fall foliage tour of the New England states – to include covered bridges, white clapboard churches, and old cemeteries. When can I leave?
Photo courtesy of The Memory Journalists
No comments:
Post a Comment