Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Survey Says - What Went Well At Your Wedding? (Part 2)

What went well at your wedding? What did you do to ensure it went well? Tips you can provide to others to make sure it goes as well.(Part 2)

Pictures. They didn't take too long..a good photographer will plan well! Tip: research your photographer very well!
- Rebecca, married in 2003

The best advice I can give is to HAVE HELP. My husband and I each had our own to-do list – I let him take charge of several aspects, including the music (he’s the musical one of the two of us), the groomsmen’s attire, the rings, etc. His being involved made the day about US – not just me, and it was a huge load off of my shoulders. Get your friends involved too – one of my husband’s best friends made our delicious wedding cake, another dear friend designed our save-the-dates and invites – having them involved made the tasks so much more fun, and personal. Also- I recommend professional coordination, too, ESPECIALLY if you are doing a destination wedding. My coordinator recommended and pulled together an amazing group of vendors who all worked together really well, plus on our wedding day, all that we had to do was show up and have a great time. The responsibility to worry about last minute details wasn’t a burden to me, my husband, my mom, or any of our guests.
- Hannah, married in 2006

I loved my wedding day and think it was executed masterfully. I am a task master, so everything was planned. Even for those who aren't so into structure, I would recommend creating a vision of what you want your day to feel like and what you want the vibe and flow of the day to be. Then create an itinerary to match your vision. Everything went so smoothly at my wedding. I think I did 3 main things right: 1. I carefully screened and hired vendors that I knew I could rely on, who had bought into my vision for my wedding and worked hard to deliver it. 2. I figured out my needs, my wants and my dislikes early on and structured my plans around them. I knew where I could compromise and where I absolutely had to have things exactly as I wanted. I created a vision and a budget and planned every detail from the colors, to the cake, to the location, to the design and my vendors around both. 3. I developed a realistic and time appropriate "day of" itinerary.
- Alyssa, married in 2007

Photo courtesy of The Memory Journalists

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For Peet's sake HAVE FUN! When working on the planning it can be stressful. (There are soooo many details!) We took one of the big projects/decisions/vendors a month. We both went to meetings with prospective vendors and then discussed why we should/shouldn't hire them. This really shared the stress between the two of us and like Hannah said, by including your groom the day will be about the two of you and not just you.