Ah, the ring. The shiny, sparkly symbol of our love. And a girl's way to let the world know that she is a B-R-I-D-E!Before the Hubby and I got engaged we talked about the rings. We looked at them and picked out a few we liked. But of course the one's we liked were WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY more than we wanted to or could afford to spend. So we looked for way to save our money and still get rings that we would be happy with. Our solution? Sam's Club. That's right, you heard me, Sam's Club.
I heard from more than one person that we should check out Costco or Sam's Club. But I was a little hesitant. I mean, do I really want to buy the ring I will wear for the rest of my life in the same place I can buy 10 pounds of cheese in one package? Hmmmm. But when one is budgeting one must explore every option. So off to Sam's Club we went. And I fell in love. I found MY ring. The one I had hoped and wished for. The diamond was glorious, it came in white gold like I wanted and the price was TO DIE FOR. Friends I got my engagement ring and my wedding band for HALF of what it would have cost me at your mall jewelry store. And we found the Hubby's ring for slightly over $500 and that is complete with diamonds. I was floored and ever so excited. I am not a cheap person but when I find a way to save money it sends my heart a-flutter. So if you aren't engaged yet and the ring hasn't been bought check out Sam's Club. They have a great selection and the prices, well, you just can't beat them.
2 comments:
We bought hubby's ring at bluenile (bluenile.com) and it is platinum and we got it for $500. A Steal! You can get products at wholesale prices...comes with free gymological report/certification. My friend also got her flawless 2ct engagement ring there for around $20k. You can design your own (if it's pretty simple). Great to check out...
My hubby surprised me with the proposal and the ring. He had talked to my parents and his Mom and did quite a bit of shopping to find the right ring... in the right size.
Guys: If you are planning on surprising your gal with a ring at proposal time, talk to friends, family and co-workers. They've all done this before and can help with recommendations and advice, but ultimately go with your gut.
I'm now a huge fan of Sharif Jewelers in Folsom and Shane Company in Roseville.
Post a Comment