Dear Marvin,I'm not close with my family except my mom. Is it weird if I ask someone on my fiance's side to walk me down the aisle? I feel closer to his family than I do my own.
Processionally Perplexed
Dear Processionally Perplexed,
The tradition of having someone walk you down the aisle to give you away is not absolutely necessary. As with all wedding traditions, there are many modifications to the original that can be made to make it specific to your day. You can walk down by yourself, signifying your independence or have your groom meet you halfway down the aisle. You can also ask your mom to walk you down the aisle, which she will surely be honored to do. If you want a member of your fiance's family to escort you, discuss it with your soon-to-be groom to see how he feels before approaching the family member. You have many options to make your ceremony intimate and personal. List all your options and then discuss them with your fiance.
Marvin
Photo courtesy of Sharpe Photographers
No comments:
Post a Comment