Making a Slice of History - When my husband and I got married we, like many other couples, had our cake knife engraved with our names and wedding date. But when we had it engraved we asked that it be in the upper left corner of the knife leaving lots of room so we can pass our knife onto our children and have their names and wedding dates engraved as well.Trend and photo provided by Sarah Maren Photography
2 comments:
We actually borrowed our cake knife from our best man... the one responsible for introducing us. It was the same knife that he used at his wedding and has been used to cut hundreds of cakes over the years. (He's the executive chef at Slocum House in Old Fair Oaks!) There was lots of sentiment and we were honored to add to the history of the knife.
What a great idea! We were orginally going to use my sister's knife but then a family member purchased a beautiful one for us. I think I will use this tip for our knife!
Post a Comment