*Ask to see licensing and certification from any vendor. Ask them: "What kind of licensing and certification do you have? May I see them please?"
(Verify that the license and/or certificate is valid and not expired.)

* Caterers (including bakeries) are required to have a valid health permit. They must be operating from a permitted food establishment, NOT a private residence.
*Food Licensing: You can contact Environmental Management Department, based on the county the vendor's facility is located. They will provide you with recent food inspection reports for said vendor. (For example: Sacramento County lists their detailed Food Inspection Reports at: www.emd.saccounty.net/ .)
* Included in this licensing issue would be employee background checks and requirements.
"What kind of background check to you require your employees to undergo?" (An example of this would be a transportation company employing someone with a history of drinking and driving.)
"Do you require your employees to complete any certification/licensing classes?"
* Check with the Better Businesses Bureau to make sure that no complaints have been filed against your vendor. (Know that anyone can file a complaint, so be sure to ask the vendor's side of the story regarding said complaint.)
1 comment:
This is a REALLY important tip. Definetely check with the BBB. Had I done this I wouldn't have had my wedding dress mishap. I would have known that the BBB had already received a number of complaints against the store.
Post a Comment