Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Dear Marvin - Not Big on Flowers

Dear Marvin,
I am not big on flowers. And after interviewing some florists I really want to keep an eye on our budget. I am thinking I really only want to use flowers for the bouquets and boutinnaires but I know I will need to use other decorations than that. What else do you suggest that I use?

Going FlowerlessDear Flowerless,
I hear you on the flowers! They can be expensive but there are ways to control your costs. First thing to do is set your budget. When you meet with florists be very honest about what your budget is and what your expectations are. I have even known some brides that have told their florists, "Here's the amount I'm spending. Make what I need but don't go over this number." That's one way to do it. But if you like a little more control sit down with your florist and go over the cost of each item. Talk about subsituting some flowers for greenery or berries. And just so you know, roses are actually not the most expensive flower to choose! You can also choose other greenery besides flowers. Leaves, branches and plants can be very beautiful when done right.

Best of luck!
Marvin

Photo courtesy of Sarah Maren Photography

1 comment:

The Firecracker said...

It's nice to know that there are other alternative's out there besides the over-the-top flowers arrangements.