Trinkets, Sweets or Treats? How to make an ol’fashioned tradition new and trendy! In lieu of the time, labor and a lot of times waste of wedding favors, make a cash donation to a special cause that is important to you as a couple. Making a donation to the SPCA or the fight for Cancer might be just the right thought to share with your guests. Place a few really pretty picture frames at each table telling your guest where your support makes a difference!

Trend provided by
Slip of Elegance ChaircoversPhoto courtesy of
The Memory Journalists
3 comments:
We also gave to charity in lieu of wedding favors...making a donation in honor of our guests to WEAVE, Women Escaping a Violent Environment, a Sacramento crisis center/safe house for victems of abuse, and a 'pet' charity of mine (been a volunteer for years). It is nice to be able to donate to something that matters to you or your family, and makes your wedding a forum to help a great cause (and who really needs a monogramed glass, bubbles and some candy, honestly). It was a definite time saver too!
My cousin is actually doing this for his wedding and I think this is a great idea. It's a great way to give back on a day that everyone is giving to you.
I'm actually in the process of a slightly different donation. I grew out my hair for our wedding, but it has been my intention since I got engaged to cut it after the wedding and give it to Locks for Love the charity for kids who loose their hair to disease.
I'm looking for a cute hairstyle, but as soon as I find one, off go the locks!
Post a Comment