On a 3” x 5” index card list all of your vendors and their contact information for the day of your wedding. List the contact name, cell phone number, time of expected arrival and what service they are providing for your day. You can keep this card as a quick reference should any problems arise on the day of your wedding. If you are not using a wedding planner, consider providing each of your vendors with a copy of this card should they have any questions for the other vendors.Tip provided by Celebrations! Elegant Party Rentals
Photo courtesy of Sharpe Photographers
3 comments:
I think this is a great tip. I was really organized and had everything in an Excel spreadsheet, but I was the only one who knew how to use it and by the time we got to the wedding it was a bit unwieldy.
Totally recommend doing something like this. I had a matrix with all my vendor names/contact info as well as details they are responsible for broken down by event (ceremony, reception, dinner, music, set up, etc.)The matrix listed the 1st person to contact in an urgent situation and a backup (I used the best man and maid of honor after the coordinator). I gave this document and my full itinerary to each vendor in advance of my wedding, and a copy of both to the maid of honor, best man, and day of coordinator for easy reference. That way if anything went wrong everyone knew how to contact everyone else and exactly where folks needed to be and what they should be doing. It was REALLY helpful to keeping the event organized.
I too created a sheet with all the vendors contact information and also a time line. I gave it to ALL the vendors and a copy to my mom. It really helped keep us on track.
Post a Comment