Unless you have flowers you have dreamed of and can't live without, communicate your vision to your designer and then let go a bit and let your designer get creative. If you trust your designer, he/she will be able to take your vision and create it. Giving them freedom in the floral selections will allow much more creativity if they aren't locked into only specific flowers you have listed.Tip provided by Blooms by Martha Andrews
Photo courtesy of Profinish Design
2 comments:
Another recommendation is to get visual aids on the exact sizes of the arrangements. One of the few disappointments on my wedding day were the floral balls that I used on my aisles and again as my centerpieces. I had imagined them about 4 inches bigger (after paying extra to make them bigger). It was an easy disappoingment to get over, and I blame myself for not asking for visual aids.
I took the "get a florist you trust" to the extreme and had my mom do my flowers. I felt a little selfish making her work up to the big day, but she has done hundreds of weddings and is so talented and I knew she would produce amazing results that were excatly what I loved without me even having to worry about it. I don't think I would have been able to let go as much (being the control frek that I am) if I had hired anyone else to do it.
Post a Comment