Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Try, Try Again - Makeup Trials

We all know we want to look FABULOUS on our big day. We want every hair in place and our face and skin to look flawless. One way to ensure this have trial runs with hairstylist and your make-up artist. I did this and THANK GOODNESS I DID.

Disregard the crazy look on my face. I was plastered with make-up.

The first make-up trial I had done was with MAC make-up. I used to wear MAC and always really liked it. But since then I have switched over to Bare Escentuals which, in my opinion, is much lighter. But I decided to try MAC out because I thought it would be longer laster. And I hated it. When I got home from the trial I could literally FEEL the make-up. I knew that I needed to wear it a little heavier for the day of because of the long day and pictures and such, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to bear it if everytime I touched my face my hand was covered in make-up. YUCK. Back to the drawing board.Okay I couldn't resist the above photo! :-) Here we are in an engagement picture.I decided to just go and have my make-up done by BE and see how I liked it. I first went and had it done for my e-pics. And boy howdy, how I LOVED it! It felt like I wanted it to feel and it looked how I wanted it to feel. I went back one more time to have Lindsey actually do my make-up (she didn't do it the day of my e-pics) so I could see how she would handle it. AWESOME. And cheap. All the other make-up artists I had talked to wanted to charge well over $100. That was just way out of my price range. Lindsey not only was reasonably priced but she came to my parents house. She even drummed up a second make-up artist when the other one we had booked flaked AND a hairdresser for the bridesmaids! What a gem!* All photos, minus my self-portrait in the beginning, courtesy of The Memory Journalists.

No comments: