Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ask Marvin - Mystified By Florals

Dear Marvin,
My wedding is only two months away and I still don't have a florist. I feel like I can't find a florist that can see the vision that I have in mind. Florals are not huge in my budget and I would like to mix large floor arrangements with small centerpieces and conservative bouquets. I feel like I'm running out of time and soon may be out of options, but I don't want to spend thousands of dollars on flowers that I'm not happy with.

Mystified By Florals

Dear Mystified,
My first suggestion is to create a story or inspiration board, if you haven't already, that will spell out the theme, colors and design of your day. You can search online and in mags for thousands of floral samples and I would suggest categorizing them by the elements that you adore (stem wrap style, specific flowers incorporated, texture appearance, size, etc.) I would take these to as many floral appointments as you can make in the next two months to guarantee that you will find someone who you feel comfortable with and can bring your vision to fruition. My second suggestion would be if you are looking for something simple and specific that you feel you could trust in the hands of a family member or friend, maybe order the flowers yourself and work on different arrangements, bouquets until you master them and then can pass them on to someone to deliver the day of. Costco.com and Farmstogo.com have good prices on retail flowers. Start researching and scheduling those appointments!

Marvin

Photo courtesy of Sharpe Photographers

No comments: