Many couples are ditching the traditional vows and writing their own. Some are more heartfelt, detailing how much they've learned from one another, grown as an individual and anticipated joining together as one.Others take the concept of vows and embellish on all the things they will or will not vow to do:
I vow not to drink off the carton.
I vow to only bet on craps when you're there to blow on the dice, since you're my lucky charm.
I vow not to put your delicates in the dryer.... you get the idea.
Whatever your choice, it should be your choice and be something that you both discuss beforehand. Some people are not comfortable "public speaking" and the thought of repeating vows aloud at all may make them nervous. Make sure to discuss your options and come to a decision together. It starts here.
Photo courtesy of Sharpe Photographers
1 comment:
I am definitely not a fan of public speaking, but my husband and I decided to personalize our vows to each other because we wanted to be the words of our promise be from our hearts instead of from a book. It heightened the emotion level of our wedding tenfold. There literally was not a dry eye in the church. My advice is to forget all of the other people watching you, and make it a personal conversation between the two of you :)
Post a Comment