I have found a photographer that I would really like to shoot my wedding. The dilemma that I am facing now, is that the venue I've selected for our ceremony and reception is very strict on those vendors that it allows to shoot their facility. I can't imagine having another photographer shoot my wedding and I've already paid the deposit for the venue. What can I do?
Not A Perfect Picture
Dear Not A Perfect Picture,The best thing to do is ask your venue if they would be willing to allow the photographer to shoot the venue because you have faith in their work. They may not be on the venue's preferred list only because they've never worked together. Some venue manager's may be willing to let the photographer shoot without issue, while others may require a "non-preferred vendor fee". If you really want that photographer, you may have to be willing to pay the fee.
You could face a venue manager that is not willing to allow an outside photographer onto the venue. If that's the case, be sure to interview those that are on their preferred list, giving them an equal opportunity to impress you. If you are absolutely sure that the first photographer is the only one you can work with, you may be forced to find another venue and lose your deposit.
Marvin
Photo courtesy of The Memory Journalists
No comments:
Post a Comment