After 75 years of marriage, Mamerta Cabale, 90, got the chance to have her dream white wedding meeting 102-year-old husband, Sabas Cabale at the altar. The couple was married in a civil ceremony in the Philippines originally in 1933 when Mamerta, a 14-year-old convent girl eloped with Sabas, a chauffeur. Mamerta always wanted a church ceremony and to wear a flowing white gown down the altar. She was able to fulfill her dream on this amazing day at St. Aidan's church in Australia. She stood with her bridal bouquet and a striking smile next to Sabas as they said their vows.

Her key to a lasting marriage: "Every day I tell him that I love him. When he was angry I just listen, then we go somewhere quiet where just the wind blows and I ask why he is angry. We talk and then it is all right."
How could we not share this story...it's amazing! Congratulations to Mamerta & Sabas Cabale!
Visit the Sydney Morning Herald
online for the complete story.
Photo provided by the Sydney Morning Herald online.
No comments:
Post a Comment