Some of my wedding Ideas are a little bit, "out of the box", untraditional if you will. I love all of the new trends out now and one of my favorites is the candy bar. All of the different types of candy that my soon to be hubby and I love. (Our first date was to the movies and so I feel candy is fitting.) The problem is that my mother and her sister think this idea is a bit juvenile. Even though my mom is helping to pay for some of our wedding I feel like it is still OUR wedding and I should have it how I want it. Should I honor my mother’s wishes and ditch the candy?
Craving Candy
Dear Craving Candy,I have seen the trend of candy at recent weddings and I too, LOVE it!!!I think you should sit down with dear sweet mom and tell her how important it is to you to make your day special. Make sure she knows the connection between the candy and the first date. I'm sure after a heart to heart she will understand. Maybe show her examples from magazines or websites on how tasteful the candy bar can be done. No matter who foots the bill it is still your day and you only get one chance to make it exactly what you want.
Marvin
Flowers by Blooms by Martha Andrews
Table design and containers provided by Pfeiffer Event Planning & A Day to Remember
Rentals provided by Celebrations Party Rentals
Photo courtesy of Sarah Maren Photography
1 comment:
LOVE the candy bar trend! So bright colorful and fun. I just love when couples integrate their own personalities and interests into their wedding days.
Post a Comment