Budget Early and Spend Money on What Will Last - When I was getting married my husband and I paid for our wedding ourselves. We got married a little later than most of our friends and family and so our parents had spent their money elsewhere by the time my Prince Charming arrived. When we sat down to make our budget I knew what was really important to me because it was going to be the only record of my wedding – my pictures! I knew a great photographer I wanted to work with and knew I had to find a way to afford her.With a TINY budget I was forced to prioritize and get creative. I couldn’t afford a lot of thing that I’d dreamed about, but I made it work. I borrowed my dress, had a good friend who had been a florist all through college help with the flowers and made the table linens myself (which we later turned into quilts and donated).
Despite a lot of “DIY” my wedding turned out just the way I wanted, and I have the amazing pictures to show for it. When you’re making your budget think about the things that are going to last into your future together. No one will remember what they ate 10 years from now, but you will remember how you felt on that day when you hire a photographer who can capture those memories and preserve them for you in an album.
Tip and photo provided by Sarah Maren Photography
No comments:
Post a Comment