
I will call this 10 memories about my wedding (or the wedding process).
1. I knew my husband was going to propose. In fact, I knew the day he went to get my ring. He said he was meeting an old friend to go to a Giants baseball game. I happened to remember his friend knew a lot about jewelry, as his family owned a jewelry store in the Bay Area. We hadn't talked about getting engaged, but I just had this weird feeling he was purchasing a ring. Sure enough, I was right.
2. The day after we got engaged, our close friends came over for a mini-celebration. My husband set up a little get together with our close friends, which meant so much. I remember being so excited the night we got engaged and the next day of course wanted to tell everyone, so this ended up being so fun. Everyone brought champagne, people toasted us and I didn't have to repeat the story too many times. It was a great weekend.
3. Our engagement party was dessert and drinks. We had a blast trying so many different desserts with different drinks and champagne. We ended up socializing with everyone until 4 in the morning.
4. I had one traditional bridal shower and one not-so-traditional shower. I feel like I got the best of both worlds. The traditional shower was hosted by family which made sharing memories fun. The non-traditional shower was with girlfriends and allowed me to not have to do everything "like you're supposed to do."
5. On my way to my bridal shower hosted by my maid of honor, my zipper on my dress broke. I mean, I was sitting in the car, when all of the sudden the thing just broke (and I swear, the dress wasn't too small, honest!) The zipper was literally down the entire side of the dress, so what would I do?? Well, I turned around, went home, found a dress quickly (although I didn't like it) and jammed to the shower. Luckily, everyone was excited to see me, so they didn't notice I wasn't wearing a new dress.
6. I cried at every single wedding event and even in between. I cried when my husband was buying my ring (or I thought that was what he was doing), when he proposed, the day after we got engaged, at our engagement party, at all of my bridal showers, my bachelorette party, our rehearsal dinner and on our wedding day. Normally I'd say that sounds terrible, but I was so happy. Well, except when I cried about the cost of the wedding, but it happens!
7. The morning of my wedding, my close girlfriends and bridesmaids came over for brunch. We got to chit chat, relax and unwind before the chaos started. It was wonderful to relax!
8. I was shorted several dozen flowers the day before the wedding. Somehow, nothing material really mattered to me by then. Of course, looking back I would change the appearance of some things, but honestly, in the whole scheme of things, the flowers just didn't matter. I was so thankful we had great weather, our health and lots of guests.
9. We had wedding crashers at our wedding. I was sooo angry, I thought "how dare them?" I was so busy, however, I never had time to fully address that situation. Please believe though, if I had some time....
10. Our honeymoon was the best part of our wedding. Not that the wedding wasn't fun, but it was a lot of work. I wish I didn't put so much work on myself. I wasn't able to enjoy it as much as I should have. I WISH I would have gotten a "day of" wedding coordinator. But, at this point, I can't look back, all I can do is inform other brides. Trust me, you may not think you need someones help, but just do it. The honeymoon gave me time to truly enjoy my husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment