Definitely the size of the event. I wanted really small and intimate. My husband's culture throws lavish and huge 3 day parties for weddings.
We compromised and had a small and circumspect rehearsal dinner and an average wedding size, with 175 guests. Not the 500 person event they would have planned and not the 60 person event I would have wished for. In the end everyone was happy and it was wonderful. I also compromised on alcoholic beverages; my family doesn't drink, his does. We were able to come to a compromise that drinks would not be passed (except for a toast), but would be available at the bar. It was fair. Neither families were totally happy, but both were ok with the option. That is when you know you have compromised perfectly - Alyssa, married in 2007I originally wanted to get married outside but it was important to my husband and his family that we be married in the church. So we were married in the church and I don’t regret that decision because it was the one thing that my husband really wanted for our wedding. Kirsten, married in 2006
The wedding was much bigger than we originally wanted - Bree, married in 2007Too many. Mostly people wanted things to go their way, and I wish I wouldn't have listened. Honestly, I am more mad at myself for not just doing what I wanted - Kate, married in 2007
White frosting on the cake. I wanted chocolate, but my mom and dad did not agree. So white frosting it was - Rebecca, married in 2003
No comments:
Post a Comment