Introducing Dynamite Weddings - Who are We?

Dynamite Weddings is an innovative, complimentary service igniting the industry by sharing new ideas and industry “Tips and Trends” or TNT. The primary and unique focus of Dynamite Weddings is our daily changing content that engages, empowers, and inspires brides and grooms throughout their wedding plans. The eye catching content offers interaction between brides and experts, which differs from current sites that merely catalog vendors.

We offer a look at prescreened Dynamite Vendors who exemplify quality service in the industry. Dynamite Weddings has personally invited only the best vendors to participate, based on their integrity, style, client rapport and their ability to progress in the evolution of wedding trends.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Ask Marvin - Can I Alter My Engagement Story?

Dear Marvin,
You're going to think I'm shallow but I hate my engagement story. My fiance and I had been talking about getting engaged for months and I knew that it was going to happen sooner or later. He ended up blurting it out when we were laying in bed right before we went to sleep! I thought it was a joke at first but he just grabbed the ring out of the bedside table. And it wasn't one of those "laying in bed and staring into each others eyes moments." I wasn't even looking at him. I mean, the words were really sweet, but still. Anyway, I'm embarrassed. And what do I tell people? I really don't want to be explaining to my grandmother that he asked me while we were laying in bed.

Embarrassed in More Ways Than One

Dear Embarrassed,
It seems to me, dear girl, you have fallen prey to the hype. The hype that your engagement story is your LOVE STORY. It just isn't true! While I can understand not wanting to offend people by letting them know WHERE you got engaged you can certainly tell them all about your love. If I was you I would tell them your love story. There is no need to go into where, just say you were talking and share with them whatever you feel comfortable telling them. Remember this isn't about all the stuff, this is about your love. Happy planning!

Marvin

Photo courtesy of The Memory Journalists

No comments: